Individual Support Planning
Forward House believes that a person’s quality of life should be determined by the individual, their family and friends. Each person’s individuality, unique gifts, talents, preferences and differences are honoured, respected and valued. To ensure this principle and value is at the core of our service, an ongoing process of gathering together to review a person’s individual support plan and, more importantly, to plan for the future will be established. The gathering together is an informal way for an individual to unite people together to share their ideas, concerns, dreams and goals for the future. Invited guests may include family members, friends, classmates, teachers, employers, and/or acquaintances.
Bill of Rights
The individuals receiving supports and services developed the following Bill of Rights.
- We have the Right to feel safe.
- We have the Right to say how we want to be supported to live our lives.
- We have the Right to express our thoughts and feelings.
- We have the Right to privacy.
- We have the Right to choose how we spend our time.
- We have the Right to have meaningful or intimate relationships.
- We have the Right to say “yes” or “no”.
- We have the Right to make our own choices and mistakes.
- We have the Right to live our lives free from physical, sexual, emotional and financial abuse.
- We have the Right to manage our own money.
- We have the Right to work or volunteer in our community.
- We have the Right to keep our personal belongings in a private space.
- We have the Right to know when our personal information is being shared. We have the Right to know and exercise our rights as Canadian citizens